Saturday, February 18, 2012

FNSI results

not much sewing got done at my house last night.  i fondled lots of fabric though.  i bought some new Reunion yardage by Sweetwater.  I spent lots of time dreaming of things to make with it.  LOVING that navy color!!!

i made a zipper pouch with the fabrics Heidi and I bought in our hometown.


the outside is oil cloth by Riley Blake.  Ironically, when im at a quilt shop, i tend to always grab for Riley Blakes fabrics.  Have you all seen these colorful zippers at your LQS?  they are reasonably priced and have a TON of color choices.  I went to my LQS yesterday and bought some more.  :)

Be sure and check our blogs tomorrow for the FNSI winners. 

6 comments:

Grethe said...

Love your bag!!! Very much like mine!!!(made on Feb 17th for my daughter)
Thanks a lot to you both for hosting the FNSI :0)

Maria said...

The fabrics in your cute zipper bag are lovely.
Enjoyed my FNSI. Thanks to you both....

Teresa F. said...

Love the zippered pouch. I've never worked with oil cloth. Is it difficult to sew?

Anonymous said...

Pretty bag! You did a great job.
Thank you for encouraging me to spend time sewing, I love it!

Fiona said...

Such a pretty bag.. thanks for co-hosting another fun evening...
Hugz

hafza said...

I never sew anything using oil cloth ...your bag look beautiful, I love the colors.