Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the swap that made me cry

i participated in the quilters day swap hosted by my cousin HEIDI.  today after spending those long 8hours at work, then rushing to pick up a kid and head to baseball, i came home 12.5 hours later to find a box.  but not just any box. it held the most beautiful swap gifts inside.

a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to my swap person,  CHRIS , who sent me a box from over the ocean.  it came all the way from the UK. 

I'm not kidding. tears. actual tears of joy! i cannot believe that someone would be this kind to me. I'm just a crafter from Vegas. little ol ME!


i mean wow.  WOW.  WOW!    let me tell you....the fabrics are TOTALLY ME!  She must have stalked researched me.  how did she know I've been wanting to make most of what she gave me.  the cathedral pin cushion.  LOVE IT.  the box zipper bag.  SWOON!  a needle book has been on my list forever.  then there is that ADORABLE London fat quarter.  ill hoard that forever.  A big box of tea.  YUMMY.  a little notebook which is already in my purse.  a few post cards so i can see where she is from.  those are hanging on my bulletin board in my craft room so i can always remember i have a "friend" in the UK. 



this pin cushion......i wonder if i could sleep with it tonight? 





its dark here so my pictures stink.  im having picture issues lately anyway.  forgive me Tillymint!  but i couldn't wait to blog and show the world how FABULOUS you are!!!

oh and for the record.....i did shed a few tears.  this package touched my heart.  my son said "mom its like Christmas for you!".   then he goes "wait, are you crying???".

12 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Such a lovely parcel to rec. Isn't it lovely how the internet can bring so many like minded ladies together to stitch and share :o) I didn't participate in this swap but I am busy this afternoon quitling my little heart out on a swap gift :o)

Maria said...

No wonder you were so touched when you received yor beautiful swap gifts..They are all gorgeous..

Cheryll said...

Oh My... the gifts are just beautiful! Sounds like a great swap! :)

tillymint said...

ok, you got me... I admit I did a little blog lurking to see what you might like! I am moved to tears myself just reading your post Bobbi... I am so thrilled that you like everything I sent :)

Karen said...

Wow is right! What an awesome package! I've had a swap make me cry once myself. How fun that you have a new friend in the UK :)

Heidi said...

LOVE THIS!! I think she knows you better than I do!

Becky said...

Wonderful gifts and she did such a beautiful job on the bag, pincushion, etc. How luck you are!

Karen said...

What a wonderful exchange! All of the pieces will definitely be a treasure.

Jamie said...

It is all so beautiful! Definitely like Christmas! Enjoy your new treasures.

Mistea said...

I read the newer post first and saw that you are having a serious affair with aqua about now - these are perfect. Lucky you.
I am in awe of that pin cushion and the colour combination is perfect.
Enjoy your goodies.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Such gorgeous and fun swap items!! I definitely think they're *tears of joy* worthy, and would probably be sleeping with them under my pillow too. ;)

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

What a lovely gift to receive. The pin cushion is amazing.