Monday, February 22, 2010

sloppy joe recipe

I was surfing through one of my North Dakota cookbooks yesterday and was craving an easy sloppy joe recipe. I like the sweeter type of a "joe". after making them, i decided to share them with you.

there is a strange ingredient, but trust me....they are GOOD. (easy is always a perk too)

Sloppy Joes

1lb hamburger
1 small onion-chopped
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1tsp prepared mustard
1 can campbells chicken gumbo soup (trust me...)

Brown hamburger and onion. add the remaining ingredients, simmer until it thickens and serve on some yummy rolls.

yeah, can you believe it? Chicken gumbo soup....but i promise you dont taste it. although its weird to have rice floating around your sloppy joe... its GOOD. try it...I would love to hear what you think.

1 comment:

Val said...

Wow. These sound good. I will have to try this!