Saturday, February 12, 2011

I DID IT!!!

well, with some helpful tips from a lot of you.....i think i am well on my way to actually crocheting!  THANK YOU!!!  i have surfed tutorials, watched videos and actually managed to MAKE something. 

wanna see it:?  its a dishcloth.....  (hiphiphooray)

OH and another one :)

not perfect.....but made by ME ME ME.   yeah yeah i know its NOT an afghan but a girl had to start someplace right? 

thanks to my friend JAMIE she turned me onto the lion brand website.  they have a TON of free patterns and even how to videos. 

i am trying to find a nice easy pattern for my first afghan.  i have seen some really cute ones that are so much like a quilt.  i found a 9patch that im dying to make.   maybe ill take my dad to the yarn store with me today and have him help me get some easy to work with yarn.  he is the one that taught me the double crochet :)

im going to retreat to my "mom cave" later tonight and work on some other projects i have going.  but right now, its time to hit some garage sales, go buy some bushes for my yard, and take my family out to breakfast.  its a beautiful weekend here in the desert southwest.  its going to be around 70 all weekend. 

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

YIPPPEEE, love them. I have been wanting to learn how to make these dish cloths. Can't wait to check out that lion brand website. Have a wonderful sunny day.

deborah said...

Yay!! You did it, I knew you could!

Jane said...

Well done, they're fabulous. Now you've started, there will be no stopping you

Jamie said...

Way to go! They look great!
Could you please send some of that 70 degree weather my way? It isn't even 30 here. But I did hear a mention of a possible 50 degree day toward the end of next week. That will feel almost tropical! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Enjoy your weekend!

Impera Magna said...

Great job... and now you're on your crocheting way!

Kristen said...

Nice!! I wish I knew how to make pillow case trim like at rose hip.

I am loving the weather!!!

Maria said...

Well Done Bobbi. Another craft you have learned.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Congrats! My MIL knits me dishcloths all the time. I love them, they clean the dishes sooooo much better than anything I can buy at the store. I have about 50 skeins of yarn I need to do something with,,,,so I am thinking to start making some of my own.

Wendy said...

Hey well done! Welcome to the wonderful world of crochet - it's so addictive! In terms of yarns to use for a beginner, I love using Rowan handknit cotton and Sidar baby bamboo. Don't be shy or nervous about new stitches or something being "too hard" just jump on in there, once you've got the basic technique, new stitches are pretty easy.

'Cause I'm a Blonde said...

congrats! they look great (plus you could just continue the pattern and say you know how to make a scarf!)

Debbie J said...

I love it! It makes me so happy to see someone succeed at craft projects. Makes me want to get out my crochet hook and learn some things too!

Madelyn said...

They look great. Congrats, I'm sure you will now be hooked on another craft :-)