Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back 2 school and some thoughts...

its that time again. YEEHAWW!   new shoes are ready.  (see below)  new backpacks full of all those goodies we had to buy.  new clothes laid out and ready to be spilled on and muddied up! 

what this means to me is that my house will be clean again!  YEEHAWW!



i think parents are always anxious to get back into a routine, even if you are a working mom or a stay at home mom.   i am a working mom.....40 hours a week at my "paying job"......2,654,920 hours a week of the "non paying" job they call being a mom-wife-maid-chauffeur-nurse-CEO-operator-referee-and any other job you can think of that a woman does after marriage and children.  but i love every minute of it.  i wouldnt trade it for the world!

ive had a strange year.  its been one of those eye openers.  one of those years that makes you re-evaluate everything in your life and how you look at things, people, priorities.  i wish i could say that it was all happy experiences that got me here, but not all of it was good.  mentally exhausting is more like it.  so ive spent a good part of my weekend doing a little soul searching.  trying to decide what is best for ME as a person.  i know some changes need to be made and im working on them. 

one thing i have learned over the past year is that i have a great family and a lot to be thankful for.  i have the love of a GREAT man!  i seriously couldnt have asked for a better husband and father.  he and i have become best friends and i cherish that!!!  

my children are fantastic kids and have really good heads on their shoulders.  i know ive done a good job, because people tell me on a regular basis how polite they are, how caring they are, and how funny they are!  they have morals and have been taught respect.  i know im leading them into the right direction, but its scary when you have to let them grab the reigns and take it from here.  (my sons going to college tomorrow...sniff sniff)

i know im babbling.....but i just wanted to get some things off my chest.

life is too short to be miserable.  life is too short NOT to be happy with the choices youve made.  dont let yourself be a constant victim.  dont blame others for what you do with your life.  a job is a paycheck, pays the bills and gives you money to play with.  a job is what you do, NOT who you are.  your life is YOUR choice and nobody elses.  so they DONT have the right to criticize you and your universe. stand up for yourself.   dont ever let anyone make you feel that you arent a decent person.  those people arent worthy of your friendship and dont belong in your life.  we all the have right to be happy and have happy people around us!!!! 

"if you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change".  Michael Jackson.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Amen! I couldn't agree more--now I am going to remember everything you said also about the job! Thank you!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Bobbi, thanks for your strong words on this post. I have been having a hard time at work this year because I have had a new boss and she has been making my life miserable. Just the past few weeks I have finally take back some control and I am feeling much better about my life now. This new blogging world i have discovered has helped me a lot, too.
cheers, Kaye
http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com