Sunday, April 15, 2012

lets EAT!

I'm still adding aqua touches to my kitchen.....remember THIS post?!!  heres my latest addition and craft project.



this is a fast project.  i found some really cool ideas on pinterest.  people make them for their kids' rooms, laundry rooms (wash), kitchens, craft rooms.   too many options!  but im going to make them for a baby gift for an upcoming baby to be born this summer.  i just have to wait to find out her name.

here's what i did.  i bought the letters from michaels.  with a coupon of course!!  they also had scrapbook paper 7 for a buck!  i love a good sale.



so trace your letter on the scrapbook paper.  i did on the back and make sure your letter is backwards before cutting it out.   using some mod podge, put a thin layer on the letter then I just put my scrapbook paper letter on it and smoothed it out.  let dry.  then i added another layer of mod podge over the paper and wood to give it a seal.  you don't have to do this step.  but its going in my kitchen.  grease, grime, yuck.



i also used a sanding block and sanded the edges a bit because the paper was hanging over a little.  Ive seen people use distressing ink around the edges too.  thats a GREAT look and im for sure using that on my baby gift letters.

I've started another one for my craft room.  what do you think im spelling out?  come on....take a guess.  ;)




linking to:
sew many ways craft party
sisters of the wild west
tatertots and jello

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Crafty perhaps? Cute letters, Bobbi!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Craft? ABC? I don't know.. but I do know that those turned out super cute! Way to go! :o)
xo

Cheryll said...

I'll just have to wait to "C" won't I. Great work and thanks for a fantastic idea! :)

Becky said...

Very cute letters! I so want to do that in my kitchen (EAT). Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

Love your big EAT letters....
I have my pillowcases ready to stitch tonight thanks Bobbi....

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Your letters are darling! And my guess is CREATE?