Sunday, July 26, 2009

GOT HUSKER?



yes....we have more husker gifts. my boss asked me to make a blanket and pillows for her grandson who is due in a few weeks. she had found the fabs, bought what she "thought" she needed per some doofuss at joanns and brought me a bag of goodies. well, lets just say if you ever want anyone to make something for you, leave it to THEM to buy the goods. it turned out really cute, but OH MY GOD.....OMG....ill never work with fleece AND fabric again. then add in the silky binding to just put it over the top.

I must have enough experience under my belt tho....YES I AM BRAGGING cuz it got done. im telling ya, this material makes you a cornhusker fan. its SOOO cute. this baby will never get cold under this blanket. the nice thing about it, i made it HUGE so they can use it until they are in college. (per my boss's measurements again).

the pillows were a piece of cake. i made the cover with a flap so it can be removed and washed. i just eyeballed the pillow and got the measurements right on my first try. im so proud of myself!

so....what should i make next? i know i know....i have got to do the quilt thing soon. i have a list of xmas presents i would like to do...and they involve quilting. GULP

No comments: