Sunday, May 30, 2010

fabulous gifts!!!

THANK YOU all for the NICE bday greetings! I had the most fantastic weekend!!! My sister came into town and brought me these GREAT gifts!!! Ive been dying to make myself an apron but she made me one! almost makes me want to cook and do dishes.



this book made me cry a little.....its sooo adorable! it had pics of us with a bunch of hand written things about our lives together as sisters and thoughts about us growing up. ill cherish it forever! along with sewing shes a GREAT scrapbooker too!
This is a pic of us with our parents. im the little girl in the red dress. i love those old photos. moms got quite the wig on.....LOL

we laughed and laughed for 3 solid days. At one point we even had those night-time giggles and my 24 y/o nephew came into the room and said "girls, next time i come in im cracking skulls". my dad even threatened to spank us. LOL



it was a BIG weekend. along with celebrating my bday, we also had my dads retirement party. it went perfectly!! the weather was the best-80s and no wind, a lot of people came, but the best part of all was my dads siblings were all here. 6 of them....1 girl and 5 boys together....all ranging from 66-74 y/o. they have the best sense of humor!!! (one guy in the photo is like a 3rd cousin we all call uncle buck...the guy is 80 and still smooth as ever!!!) my dads the guy with no shirt on...we had to drag him out of the jacuzzi because he was teaching his greatgrandson to swim.
once the party died down, the cards came out and we started playing for hours. its what we do as a family. we call each other names, take each others money (usually 75cents) and have more laughs than you can even imagine. i love my family!



i still have 1 more day to relax before going back to work. maybe ill sew, maybe ill read, but im definitely relaxing tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend! The scrapbook and apron are great! I bet you will cherish them forever!

Barb said...

It does sounds like you had a great Birthday....happy birthday!!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time...Happy Birthday!