Thursday, June 16, 2011

stocking stand for the pink purse---its a RE-DO

Way back when.... like around christmas time i said i was going to redo my xmas stocking stand.  well hold on tight....cuz i did my first paint/sanding/glazing technique.


i have become a new blogstalker of miss mustard seed.  its all her fault i haven't touched real fabric in months.  I'm now buying drop cloths, paint, antiquing glaze......oh my!  but don't fret, tomorrow night is FNSI which means i  HAVE to sew SOMETHING right?

well here is my new hall hat/jacket/purse/bag stand.  ahhh....i think my foyer is now complete.....(yeah right)



my dad and i had made these years ago for our xmas stockings.  not having a fireplace has always bummed me out, until we made these!  all it took was a wood fence post, some 2x4 for the bottom and the hooks which i found at Pier One. 

the low hook was always used for our dogs stocking.  (yeah, he gets the goods from santy clause too)
well its PERFECT for my little hot pink summer purse.  (how the heck do you get those lines out of a new rug???) 

had to take an outdoor pic while it was drying.  do you know i actually painted this puppy in my foyer last weekend?  INSIDE the house.....LOL   I'm an indoors crafter, what can i say.

all i used was a container of some oops paint from lowes that looked white/offwhite---for $3 i didn't care what it actually was.  i sanded down the edges for the worn look and finished it off with valspar antiquing glaze.  my xmas colors are coming thru on the areas i sanded, but i think it gives it more character.


my house is strange....i almost have 2 foyers by the front door.  But the coat closet is in a diff hall.  (because we added on a bedroom instead of a tandem garage )  The foyer to the left still needs some pizazz.....but im working on that in the garage in a few weeks.  (a hidden small garage sale table....shhh don't tell the hubby)


those hooks were never really christmassy......so i guess ill have to make one for the xmas stockings. Its time to get those power tools ive been asking for! 

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Very nice! And that is a great pink purse! Sorry, but I can't help you with the rug lines.
You are inspiring me to try some new things. I'm going to pick up some drop clothes on my next trip to Lowes.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh gosh~ my Lowe's list is getting longer! I would love to have DH make me a stocking tree! :-) Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

I seriously love this - it's just perfect.

x

Heidi said...

It looks awesome! Awesome redo!

Tammy said...

This looks great!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit too that I have become a fan of Miss Mustard Seed. I've been looking around my house for things to paint and antique. LOL

Unknown said...

Use lowest steam setting on you iron for removing rug lines

Unknown said...

Use lowest steam setting on you iron for removing rug lines