Monday, May 9, 2011

PURE baby bag and Friday Night Sew In Signups--the date is 5/20/11

click HERE for this months Friday Night Sew-In.  Heidi has some FABULOUS gifts for this month! be sure and sign up, blog about it and tell all of your friends.  the date is Friday 5/20/11.
also, you must sign up each month to be eligible for the drawing.  Make sure you are not a "no reply blogger". 

OK....for some REALLY CUTE sewing news.  check out this bag i made a few months back.  (dang blurry night time photos)

A good friend of mine, Jamie from Modified Mix, had an adorable baby boy a few months ago.  i made her some gifts and finally got them in the mail this past weekend.  our mail service must have known my excitement, because it traveled to NY in record time!!!

It was hard giving this one away.  But Jamie and Baby M are soooo worth it!  I made a few burp cloths, a few potholders, a crocheted dish cloth and an owl pincushion.  (forgot to take pics of some of it, but here are the burp cloths)  i used chenille for the backing and pure argyle for the front. 


but lets talk about the bag....LOL.  I used the PURE line by sweetwater.  perfect for a baby boy, but also functional for anyone who loves the blue/brown color palate.   

i added a little "craftyvegasmom" touch and used corduroy on the front pocket and the handles.  it just totally made this bag POP!!!

 thats the back.....



the inside i used a plain linen which has become a favorite lining of mine.  especially if i don't have a lot of yardage to use.  the earthiness of the linen totally went with the PURE line.


 the handles are extra long for that mommy who needs to dig inside to get a quick bottle or pacifier without removing it from her arm.  we all know those days when a baby is on one hip and the rest of your world is on the other hip. 

the pattern has always been one of my favorites by quilts illustrated.  its called the "charm party tote".  here is a link to the pattern.  if you haven't made one of Penny Sturgis' bags, you MUST try this one out.  her patterns are SOOO user friendly! 

i hope you enjoy the bag Jamie......because you deserve it!!!  shes a busy mom of 3 boys and a teacher!  heck, she deserves more than a bag and some goodies made by me.  :)

10 comments:

Poppyprint said...

What a great baby gift!! Great job on the bag - it looks fabulous.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is very cute! I am sure the mom will love using it.

Jamie said...

I do love it so much Bobbi! I can't begin to even express how much! Everything was just so thoughtful. What a lucky girl I am to have a super friend like you!

Teresa said...

That's a beautiful combo! Wish I had you as a friend when my boy was born LOL. Seriously!

Wendy said...

This is such a lovely bag! I've got some fqs of Pure to make myself a bag with, even though I don't have babies! I wont be joining in the FNSI this month as "unfortunately" I have to go to a spa!!

Cheryl said...

Really, really cute and I love the fabric you used!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

That is an adorable baby bag! I have that pattern and I have made it for myself but I'll have to remember it as a baby bag!

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

the bag is perfect! and the matching burp cloths are a great touch!
thanks for visiting.

A said...

So Cool! Wish I would of been able to have one when the boys were babies and toddlers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobbi. I was looking for stuff made from Moda Pure Collection, and I found your site. Really nice bags and burpcloths! So I took the liberty to share it on my site here http://wp.me/P1xtJu-9q. Hope it's ok. Let me know if its not, and I'll take it down.