Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hand / Foot scrub

while surfing my usual blogs today....i saw THIS idea and just HAD to make them. looky how pretty they turned out!

after work i ran around in the rain on a mission. I needed jars....i needed peppermint extract....i needed mineral oil....i needed corn syrup....i needed sugar.....i needed green food coloring. THATS ALL there was to it!!! piece of cake!

I made a total of 12 jars for my coworkers. arent they festive? they smell heavenly because of the peppermint! I need to make myself a LARGE jar of this stuff.
I also made a simple label and used these scrapbooking stick on thingys (dont know what they are called) for just a little added touch.
Seriously, i spent maybe 2 hours tops making these jars.
ps....i found all my supplies needed at walmart. they would be a great gift for a teacher.... of course maybe in a larger jar. these teeny jars were great for the coworker thing when making them for a group of people.
im going to make the brown sugar n honey scrub tomorrow. guess ill be going to buy more jars. thank goodness that darn store is open 24 hours.

6 comments:

kimland said...

LOVE, this idea!!!

Jamie said...

Great idea Bobbi! It sounds easy, too! Our last day of school here was yesterday, so maybe teacher gifts for next year. They look great!

Erin @ In Between Laundry said...

Yay! I'm glad you loved them--thanks for your sweet comment and for linking to my site! :) Merry Christmas!

Poppyprint said...

Fantastic idea - love this! Since we had a terrible blackberry crop this year, I've got lots of unused jam jars just waiting for this project. Merry Christmas.

OliveStreetStudio said...

the scrub turned out so well! I'm going to remember that for my co-workers for next year.

Diane said...

Love this idea! Sounds like a great thing to make with my girls next week when they are driving me crazy before I can send them back to school. dilingsh