Saturday, March 20, 2010

friday night sew-in results

last night didnt work out well as planned.....my sewing machine jammed. ARGH!
this first pic is of an owl im making for a surprise, so i can't show you more....but i will once its done.

this is a stitchery/hand towel i made. i might add some words, but havent decided. im in spring mode....so maybe just a simple S P R I N G ??


the best thing about stitching is i did this from my cozy bed, with a girlie show on the tv under the covers. why do you ask? because my husband wouldnt leave the house and give me a couple hours alone!!! LOL

be sure and watch mine and heidis blogs tomorrow for the giveway winners :)
i have almost 150 blogs to read...so i better get busy! hope you all had some fun last night!

9 comments:

lisa said...

your machine jammed, I ran out of my favorite neutral thread. Your hubby wouldnt leave your home, mine was at work and I didnt get a sitter! We were in almost the same boat, but I still loved doing it!

Frou said...

I think your machine jamming was a blessing, nothing better than curling up under the covers with a movie and some stitching!

Poppyprint said...

good thing you've started embroidering so you will always have a project when your machine goes on strike. I hope it'll be easily fixed. I missed sewing last night but look forward to next month!

Oddbjørg said...

Sorry to hear that the sewing machine didn't work. Good to have a stitchery then.
It was fun to join the Friday Night Sew-in, so thanks a lot to you and Heidi for hosting it. i hope to get some sewing time today too.

Libby said...

Sorry about your machine! and your husband (just kidding, a husband that won't leave you alone can't be too bad)
I did some hand embroidery too! I am really hooked on it!
Libby

Judy C said...

sorry about your machine, but I'm sure you will be up and running in no time.

Jamie said...

Bummer about the machine! I hope it is up and running soon! I think the word spring would look great on your towel.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear your machine is unwell. It is awful when it does not work.

Love your hand embroidery. I enjoy hand stitching ,it is very relaxing.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I did have a great time, thanks for hosting.