Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11---10 years later

My alarm went off at 4am this morning.  We have big plans today.  Time to get my family up and ready to go pay our respects to all the victims in the 9/11 attacks.  Vegas is having a parade downtown.....but its at 545am to coincide with the east coast.  uffda!

By 5:15 we are all out the door.  no traffic so we make it in record time.  its dark and the weather is "cool" to us desert people.(heavenly)  I'm still trying not to "choke up" because I know once I see those fireman and hear the bagpipes its all over.  my kids like to laugh at me.  I'm a big ol softy.


check this out----there was even a piece of the WTC on display


here are some photos of our patriotic morning in downtown las vegas. 
  my son with is face tattoo.  :)





flags on the back of the firetrucks always make me want to yell USA USA USA! 
our first responders and our military will always be my TRUE HEROES! 


I love all of these "bikers". 
you know...the patriotic ones who block protesters at funerals of our fallen soldiers. 


my guys.....
they look pretty good for it only being 630am!




my son touching the piece of the WTC iron. 



I'm proud to be an American.

 So I figured I would do the most American thing I know today.....watch football and eat junk food.

2 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Looks like a great parade and tribute. I get teary eyed just thinking about it .. I would have lost it with the firetrucks, bagpipes, etc too!

Quilter In Paradise said...

wow -
thanks for sharing!
Beth in Dallas