Tuesday, April 19, 2011

letter frame idea

I've been surfing blogs and finding some great decorating ideas for my house.  i love those link up parties so you can see hundreds of things on one blog!!!  

tonight i made this to put on a photo/frames wall I'm creating.

 its a very small frame i got at michaels with my 40% off coupon :)
i think this will be a nice small touch because i have a larger "L" to put in the collage.   BUT i couldn't decide on a white letter or black!!!  if it looks weird, ill just repaint it black.  easy peasy.
and burlap....you GOTTA love burlap!  this project cost me less than $3.00 to make.
frame, wood letter, left over white paint, burlap from stash and glue.

i just glued the letter to the glass.  put a piece of burlap behind the glass and called it done.

here are those walls that need to be decorated.  my puppy looking at me like im nuts.  LOL

have you seen the pottery barn catalogs this past year?  full of burlap, drop cloth pillows, canvas decor.  i could spend days dreaming of things to make as knock-offs. 

do you all have a favorite decor item in your house you made as a knock-off from PB?
id love to see it!  i need more ideas!  i have lots and lots of bare walls.  talk to me goose......

linked up to:


2 comments:

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said...

love this. so simple, and yet fantastic!! thanks for linking up! we are featuring you!
AMy
www.Sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com

Vintage Marigold said...

Awesome! Hi from one Vegas mom to another!